Crowne Plaza Changi Airport has announced the opening of a new architecturally exceptional 10-storey extension this 1st August 2016. The 18 months construction project has increasing its total capacity by over 75 percent.
The World’s Best Airport Hotel by Skytrax World Airport Awards in 2015 & 2016 is designed by award-wining Singapore-based architectural firm WOHA. The extension was developed by OUE Limited using Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC) techniques. It’s like lego style to form the building. The prefabricated units are already fitted with the carpeting and other plush fixtures when it was bring in to Singapore. This extension method is the first private sector commercial project in Singapore.
So, what to expect from this new wing?
The building features 243 Business Rooms in addition to the existing 320 rooms in the hotel. The rooms are specially designed to suit the needs of busy travellers. With the extension, the hotel will be able to cater to increase visitors for the upcoming developments including Terminal 4 and Jewel Changi Airport in the next few years.
The 2 room categories:
Business King (28sqm)
Business Twin (38sqm)
What are the facilities include:
• In-built USB charging ports
• Complimentary wireless internet
• Spacious writing desk with a Herman Miller ergonomic swivel chair
• Mobile handy phone-with complimentary unlimited local and IDD calls* (Selected countries applicable)
• Wireless printing- to remotely print documents from the room and self-collect at the Business Centre. Guests may also request for the documents to be delivered to their guestrooms.
• Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC) film-enabled switchable privacy smart glass panels separating the bedroom and bathroom.
• Spacious en-suite free-standing rain shower and separate bathtub
• Bathroom amenities by Orla Kiely
• Day and blackout blinds
• 40-inch smart LED television with Miracast and Airplay-enabled functions
• Klipsch Bluetooth-enabled Speaker
• Crowne Plaza’s Signature Sleep Advantage kit to promote a restful stay
The rooms also overlook the main building through floor to ceiling glass windows. Guests can also look forward to enjoy a magnificent view of Jewel Changi Airport once it is completed in 2019.
And of course Crowne Plaza hotels also provide 24 hour business services, wireless high speed internet access in the lobby, and fitness and leisure facilities.
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is located at 75 Airport Boulevard #01-01, Singapore 819664