The Great Food Festival (TGFF) is returning from 27 to 30 September 2018 at Resorts World Sentosa (RWS). I was invited for a media preview recently and so excited to share some of the highlights for this year event.
Before moving on to the highlights, let me share some of the dishes from the respective restaurants in RWS that we tried during the media preview on that day.
Fratellia Trattoria– Tuna tataki seared on all sides served with crunchy pistachio crumble and bagna cauda to enhance the flavour of the dish.
Curate– Suckling pig all stuffed with the unforgettable little blisters that tasted flavourful.
Forest-Braised Kurobuta Pork Belly sandwiched between deep fried bun. The meat tasted juicy and tender and goes well with the sweet and savoury sauce. This is sandwiched between deep fried buns.
TEPPAN by Chef Yonemura -Pumpkin soup served with green tea ice cream & Boston lobster.
Osia Steak & Seafood Grill– Everyone’s favourite dish, foie gras served with pineapple textures, vanilla and coriander.
Ocean Restaurant-The crab cake slider in a stack with salad, sauce and garnished on a white plate.
So, what are the HIGHLIGHTS for this event?
1) 4 exciting experience pillars collaborate to form a holistic culinary journey for TGFF attendees, namely Star Chef Arena, Rollin’ Sweet Times, Feast of Kings and the latest addition to TGFF, The Cellar.
2) Richard van Oostenbrugge who was responsible for the renowned Two Michelin-starred Bord’Eau restaurant in Amsterdam goes off the innovation charts with a completely unique menu guaranteed to wow in marking his first appearance at TGFF.
3) Veteran Japanese Chef Masayasu Yonemura famous for his Michelin-starred restaurant in Kyoto and who newly launched TEPPAN by Chef Yonemura at RWS in December 2017, introduces his innovative French-Japanese Teppanyaki concept at TGFF.
4) A first-in-Asia thematic custom-built Tanqueray Gin Garden conceptualised by Diageo World Class Bars featuring the iconic Tanqueray London Dry Gin, Tanqueray No. 10 and Tanqueray Rangpur.
5) Philip Khoury, who led the R&D at the celebrated Australian patisserie Adriano Zumbo and whose tart creation won against 30 pastry chefs from all over the world at the Savour Patissier of the Year 2018 will be bringing his award-winning tart to TGFF.
6) Decked in cheerful rainbow colours, the VIP Seating Area is transformed into a rainbow city, a private zone exclusively created for Ultimate Fan Pass Holders (S$298.00, a new premium ticket tier to TGFF 2018).
7) For the young and old who appreciate the sweeter things in life, Rollin’ Sweet Times is poised to be a fun, interactive and Instagram-worthy playground with a wide range of activities such as HAPPIPLAYGROUND, an inflatable fun zone with cute eco-friendly characters from Hong Kong.
8) Masterclasses at the Atelier by Bosch featuring celebrity bakers such as Philip Khoury, Andres Fatso and ‘Topless Baker” Matt Adlard, home bakers and dessert enthusiasts. A pop-up baking studio fully equipped with the technology and professional equipment by Bosch. Ticketing to masterclasses will launch from 31 August onwards.
Star Chef Arena
Lunch Session (Friday – Sunday):
11am – 3.30pm
(Last admission at 2.30pm)
Dinner Session (Thursday – Sunday):
5.30pm – 10pm
(Last admission at 9pm)
11am – 10pm
ROLLIN’ SWEET TIMES
5pm – 11pm
Friday – Sunday
11am – 10pm
*Bars will be open till 1am on Fri & Sat.
Thursday – Sunday
11am – 10pm
For more information, please visit TGFF’s website at www.tgff.com.sg.
Bookmark your calendar for that week to check out the exciting event happening next month.