Mezza9 at Grand Hyatt Singapore has revamped their new menus for 2018 with dishes crafted to showcase quality-driven sustainable ingredients and fresh organic produce. Conscious eating means thinking about what you put in your body and it is recommended to eat plant-based alternatives to animal foods to not only feel healthier but to become a more conscious on our food intake. I would define it as mindful eating in other words.
So in line with Mezza9’s philosophy on food, the menus have been redesigned to feature the use of sustainable ingredients, including seafood certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC), organic herbs from the hotel’s very own rooftop gardens, and organic greens from cooperative farms in Singapore and Cameron Highlands. This reminds me of Yellowpot at Six Senses Singapore, which also highlights the importance of sustainability through the produce they procure. I guess more hotels are moving towards this direction.
We were greeted by the staffs and placed our order from the Tasting Menu sheet on a Monday night. Here are the dishes we tried that night:
Wood Roasted Beetroot Salad-S$12.00++
Deep earthy beetroot slices served with full-flavoured Goat cheese, pickled raisin and horseradish.
Sushi Kiwami S$98.00++
Beautifully plated platter that comes with 7 types of Nigiri, 5 kinds of sashimi ( Salmon,tuna, swordfish, yellowtail, sea bream, surf clam, sweet prawn) , ½ California roll and ½ shrimp tempura roll. I would suggest to opt for Sushi Makoto S$48.00++ for smaller portion serving if you would like to try other dishes. All the seafood used in this dish come with ASC mark ( a mark comes from a farm that has independently certified to the ASC’s standard for responsibly farmed seafood).
Wok-fried whole maine lobster –S$42.00++(Half) / S$84.00++(Whole)
Moving on is the Wok-fried whole maine lobster from the Chinese kitchen. The crispy egg noodles served with lobster meats, mushrooms, spring onions, ginger and egg gravy. We felt that it is lacking of wok-hei flavour but nevertheless the lobster meat tasted fresh and sweet on its own.
Beyond Burger served with Crispy Organic Cauliflower-S$25.00++
Our favourite dish of the night is this Classic Cheese Burger-Beyond Burger patty sandwiched with brioche bun, vegan cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickled gherkin, vegan mayo and mustard. The beyond burger is the revolutionary plant-based burger and the patty looks like and almost taste like real beef patties. It was initially launched with a food truck experience along Grand Hyatt’s driveaway and is available in the menu now. It was pretty satisfying bite with well-seasoned patty that left a deep impression. We will be back for this for sure.
They also have the Modern Asian Burger – patty sandwiched between corn buns paired with Asian slaw, furikake, avocado, pickled daikon, ginger, wasabi mayo and Sriracha. I have yet to try this though. This is available on their Burger Menu at S$25.00++ with a choice of one side or you can make it a set S$35.00++ with a choice of a side and healthy kombucha or refreshing craft beer fair-trade dark chocolate and organic beetroot vegan brownie.
We ended our meal with the instagram-worthy Flowerpot which comprises of roasted pear, caramel and Madagascar vanilla bean ice-cream and chocolate soil, Peach Compote, which is the vanilla custard, raspberries and caramelized puff pastry, gluten free banana flour crepe , chocolate pudding and homemade ice-cream and sherbet. Each dessert is available in different pricing ranging from S$17.00++ onwards. Ice-creams or sherbets are available in single scoop, selection of 3 scoops and selection of 6 scoops.
I think conscious eating is important so that diners like us will take a moment to fully appreciate its attention, appearance and aroma of the ingredients. It also gets us into the habit of mindful eating and heightens the pleasure of the dining experience. Don’t you agree?
Set Lunch is available on Mondays to Saturdays ( 12:00PM – 3:00PM)
• 2-Course Set Lunch S$35.00++ inclusive of 1 starter and 1 Main
• 3-Course Set Lunch S$45.00++ inclusive of 1 starter, 1 Main and 1 Dessert
• Top up S$5.00 to complete the lunch with coffee or tea
Time: 6:00PM – 10:30PM – Sunday- Thursday
Time: 6:00PM – 11:00PM – Friday & Saturday
Sunday Brunch – 12:00PM – 3:00PM
• Price: S$118.00++ per adult, inclusive of fruit juices, soft drinks, coffee/tea (non-alcoholic)
• Price:S$59.00++ per child ( age 5-12 years old)
• Additional S$40.00++ per adult to enjoy FREE-flowing Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut Champagne, certifies sustainable red and white wines, selection of martinis, 9 hand-crafted gin and tonics, and Tiger Beer
• Additional S$60.00++ per adult to enjoy FREE-flowing Perrier-Jouet Blason Rose Champagne, certifies sustainable red and white wines, selection of martinis, 9 hand-crafted gin and tonics, and Tiger Beer
• Additional S$90.00++ per adult ( for four persons and above) to enjoy personalized V.I.P. Sunday Brunch experience. This package includes butler services arranged to your table with items such as mixed grilled meats and sustainable seafood on ice, and FREE-flowing Ruinart Blanc de Blancs or Ruinart Rose Champagne, as well as premium magnum red and white wines
Daily Happy Hour at Martini Bar and Party Room
• Time: 5:00PM – 9:00PM
• Champagne S$16.00++ per glass
• House pour spirits and mixed drinks, gin & tonics, martinis, wines by the glass S$14.00++ per glass
• Beers S$9.00++ per bottle
For more information or online reservations, please call +65 6732 1234 or visit singapore,grandhyattrestaurants.com
Address: 10 Scotts Road
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for insta updates!